Dear Alumni Association,
We had a very busy second quarter with a lot of progress! You’ll read more in this edition of our newsletter.
- We had an open house and quarterly briefing where members met our new San Diego FBI Special-Agent-in-Charge (SAC), John Brown. We welcome him to the beautiful San Diego area!
- A new Citizens Academy class graduated last month and we’ve added Alumni members AND two new board members from the class: Charmin Lindholm and Elizabeth Cox. They have both jumped in and accomplished a great deal already! What’s more, we’ve been advised that the FBI will hold a second Citizens Academy class this fall!
- Our chapter supported more than 100 law enforcement personnel in Orange County during the recent bombing investigation. The Los Angeles and National Chapters asked if we would contribute manpower, food, and funds, and we were able to do all three! Thanks to Board members Sheri Sachs and Gary Bobileff for leading the San Diego support effort.
- Our partnership with the American Red Cross continues to draw closer to reality. The National Chapter is writing a Memorandum of Understanding that will serve as a template throughout the US for Citizens Academy/Red Cross affiliations. More to come on this!
- Please join us and support our booth at the Del Mar Fair.
Thanks to all of you for your continued support and ideas,
W. Mark Johnson
President, FBI San Diego Citizens Academy Alumni Association